I have two amazing readers and this is their epic reading list for kids that you don’t want to miss. My boys love reading and I encourage it wholeheartedly because reading takes you places. Here is the best list kid book lover gifts
1.Amulet My kids read and-re read these books. This series is a graphic novel series collection about two siblings rescuing their mother, leading into a world of robots, talking animals, flying ships, new friends… and enemies. This series is great for kids that don’t read much, or avid readers. The author is the cover illustrator for the 15th anniversary paperback editions of the Harry Potter series.
2. Magnus Chase and the God of Asgard Magnus Chase is a teen on a quest across the Norse realms. Magnus Chase follows Norse mythology and Rick Riordan, the Author, has a signature humor in the face of dire circumstances, so nothing gets too dark through many adventures. The kids get captivated by all the action in it as well as the adventures. Magnus is a brave character who feels much empathy for others, especially the homeless. The cast is diverse: Muslim, African-American, LGBTQ, and the deaf. Hijab-wearing Sam fasts during Ramadan while fighting sea monsters and the undead. Epic Book!
3.The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings It makes a great read-aloud for kids eight and up and read alone for ages 10 or 11 and up. This classic adventure brings out the best in the little hobbit at its center: bravery, loyalty, cunning, and the guts to take a stand against friends blinded by greed so he can help bring about world peace.
4. Percy Jackson Percy lives half in the world of the Greek Gods. Percy Jackson is a demigod, son of Poseidon, and this series follows him around during his journey. It is told in a funny tone that get my kids absolutely adore.
5. 5 Worlds This is a colorful, magical book, about three young heroes going to light 5 beacons, on 5 worlds, to save them all and if they don’t, all will be lost.
6. The Heros of Olimpus This series of books are one of my kid’s favorites. They star 7 demigod heroes from different camps, who must unite the camps after their long war against their common enemy, Gaea.
7. The trials of Apollo This is an amazing series about the God Apollo after he is banished to earth as a human being, and follows his travels. He must take back the oracles he lost while the Great War with Gaea.
8. Harry Potter I’m pretty sure you all have heard of this one. It’s a great series that follows young Harry Potter, and his friends, at Hogwarts. But someone evil lurks in the shadows, and wants to live forever.
If you want your littles to fall in love with the magic of books, these are the books that my boys highly recommend.
|Members save 20% on one full-priced item and an extra 20% on one REI Outlet item. Use CODE: GEARUP2020|
FREE SHIPPING here on orders of $50 or more. Includes skis and snowboards for a limited time.